Have you tried applying the following patch?
http://www.biu.ac.il/JH/Responsa/contact.htm#Question_2:
<http://www.biu.ac.il/JH/Responsa/contact.htm>

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of Alan Rubin
Sent: Sunday, January 14, 2007 2:55 PM
To: linux-il@linux.org.il
Subject: Bar Ilan Respnsa or Judaic Library CD

Is anyone familiar with the Bar Ilan Responsa or Judaic Library CDs?

These contain a library of Hebrew Texts. There is strong copywright
control and the software only runs if the original CD is inserted in the
drive.

I have got the CD running in a virtual Windows XP environment under
vmware but I would rather have it working under wine. I have installed
it and mapped the CD drive to d: but when I try and run the software I
get the message "Please insert original CD". The original CD is inserted
and mounted.

It seems that the program must detect the original CD. This works in
Windows and virtual Windows but how do I get it working in wine?

Thanks,

Alan