On Sunday, 21 בJanuary 2007 11:50, Nadav Har'El wrote:
> I am using Fedora Core 6, and the OpenOffice Hebrew language-pack package,
> and I did *not* get a Hebrew interface, not a "half-German half-English
> interface", and not anything broken of this sort - I just get nicely
> working Hebrew spellchecking (using data from Hspell 1.0) in a nice English
> UI, as usual... So I wonder what we did differently.

The bug is noticed in FC5 (openoffice.org-core-2.0.2-5.20.2) (not in FC6)
When trying to use the Hebrew *interface* Example:
        env LANG=he_IL oowriter

At this level it looks OK -- mostly English menus with some items
(e.g: File/Quit) translated to Hebrew (probably by Gnome/Gtk+ widgets).

However, try to look at OO.o specific dialogs (e.g: Format/Character)
and you'll see that all the untranslated labels are in German.

Again, in FC6 (openoffice.org-core-2.0.4-5.5.10) the same test results
in a very nice Hebrew UI.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]                  http://www.actcom.co.il/~oron
ICQ UIN: 16527398

#define NULL 0           /* silly thing is, we don't even use this */
        --Larry Wall in perl.c from the perl source code