On Tue, 6 Feb 2007, Geoffrey S. Mendelson wrote:

On Tue, Feb 06, 2007 at 12:38:50AM +0200, Ori Idan wrote:
Yes, but most AT compliant PCI modems today are software only.

Someone gave me an Intel modem clone. It sat in junk box until I broke
down and installed a UPS, which took over the only serial port I had
on that computer.

I stuck the modem in, and obviously it did not work. A quick web search
pointed to a driver written by someone on this list, hosted in Israel.

A quick download, make and install, and it was working.

Good job!

Nice story. That's the modem I want :-)

Michael