---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Shlomi Fish <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Feb 14, 2007 5:08 PM
Subject: Re: Firefox and egov:fines payment
To: Arieh Skliarouk <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

On 2/14/07, Arieh Skliarouk <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hello,

I tried to pay my fine using web interface on following URL:
http://ecom.gov.il/police

Unfortunately, each time I filled name, date, fine amount and pressed
"Ishur", the system returned me to the same page, with highlighted error
message, that "if there are discrepancies between your data and data at the
police, the data at the police are correct". And nothing else.

I called the phones mentioned on "Contacts page" and always got to
auto-answering machine, suggesting to leave contact details, so that they
could call me back. Are they expecting me to be next to the computer,
internet, browser, available for tests whenever they happen to have time?!

The support woman called me back once, though, and after basic checks and
asserts that the site does support mozilla browsers, she stated that she can
not help me.

Thus, so far I have several questions:

Have anybody managed to pay fines electronically using the firefox or
mozilla browsers?

Is there way to formally complain about the cross-browsers support on the
(taxes supported) site?

Are there any programs, that would check a site and would highlight areas
(HTML, JS, CSS), that are problematic from cross-browser compatibility
perspective? Such a program can even suggest to web-designer, ways to
replace or spice the problematic spot with more compatible code
(indispensable for web designers).

The best thing I know of is the Mozilla JavaScript error console.

Regards,

        Shlomi Fish

--
Arieh

Shlomi Fish http://www.shlomifish.org/

If his programming is anything like his philosophising, he
would find 10 imaginary bugs in the "Hello World" program.