My question is off-topic, but I know that some of the subscribers of
this list administer server rooms, so it may be a good idea to ask it
here. And it's interesting...

Do you know these computers with 2 power outlets?  So you can plug them
to 2 different power sources, and when one dies, the computer continues
to get its power from the second, without powering off. Or when you
want to replace its UPS, you just plug it off from the UPS and plug to
the new UPS, without powering down the computer (because it continues
to get its power on its second power outlet). Or when you want to move
it from one cabinet to another cabinet, you just plug it to a lloonngg
cable, then plug off the second cable, then move it to the new cabinet
(without plugging it off), and then plug its empty power outlet to a
normal cable connected to the new cabinet.

So I'm looking for the same solution, but as a power outlet. Or
RAV-SHEKA (I have no idea how to say it in English). Something with TWO
power sources instead of ONE. So you enjoy all the benefits that I
listed, not for one device, but for every device that is connected to
this PASS-SHEKAIM (and don't confuse with UPSs that connected to two
sources, because they don't allow you to replace UPSs without powering
down the devices).

I know that it's not as simple as it looks, and that the sources are
not synchronized. But it's possible, and even must be simpler than UPS,
so I'm sure there are such products.

And if it's so difficult, maybe a manual switch can help too (i.e. it
is connected to TWO sources, but gets its power only from ONE, based on
A-B switch, so when you switch from A to B it is done continuously,
without stopping for even a second. Of course, it's not really manual,
because something must synchronize the sources during the switching).

--
Eli Marmor
[EMAIL PROTECTED]