PS this is a reason for the claim that linux is not for the home user
yet. I'm using windows since 95 on various hardwares, and never
occured a problem with the crucial input/output
(screen/keyboard/mouse).

That would be 'Linux is not ready for desktops which use certain kinds of USB mice' ? I've never seen a problem with other mice, and with machines using only one USB pointer.

Peter