Hi Shmuel!

On Sunday 08 April 2007, Shmuel Fomberg wrote:
> Hi Shlomi.
>
> > Would you or any other F5er would like to update the site directly?
>
> I'm
>
> > getting tired of doing it, and want to delegate some responsibilities

> > people with less community involvement.
> > A similar issue is publicising in time in Perl-IL, Linux-IL, Whatsup,
> > Linmagazine, which I'd also like to delegate. The previous meeting had
> >
> > very little attendance due to an incredibly low publicity. Everyone
> > dependended on
> > me, and I thought it was unnecessary. (my mistake, I know, but at
>
> least
>
> > we've learned from this experience)
>
> Why haven't you written a script by now, that post a message on all
> these boards?
> You are so under-productive. You are a programmer - program!

Thanks for labelling me as "under-productive". :-)

As you may well know laziness is one of the three great virtues of a
programmer. And besides it's not that simple - I need it in English for the
mailing lists, and in Hebrew for the web sites, and I need to customise the
content etc. And it's not very time-consuming.

However, I feel that with my level of contribution to the FOSS world, I have
much better things to contribute to my time than to publicise it, which any
HTML-knowing kid can do. And some people practically don't do anything to
Perl or FOSS, while I may be over-doing things a bit.

What have you done for your country lately?

If you don't want publicity for the meetings - fine - I'm not going to do it.
If you do want, then someone will have to volunteer. In fact, I'm CCing this
message to Linux-IL where some people may volunteer.

Regards,

        Shlomi Fish

Shlomi Fish      [EMAIL PROTECTED]

    -- An Israeli Linuxer