Hi Amichai,
I can host the site on http://foss.org.il\http://floss.org.il. Perhaps Lior Kaplan will help us with the site itself. Lior?

 - yba

On Mon, 7 May 2007, Amichai Rotman wrote:

Date: Mon, 7 May 2007 15:10:52 +0300
From: Amichai Rotman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Linux-IL <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Linux Friendly ? - Musings

Hi again,

Any takers for the job of putting such a site together?

I can contribute to the research for such products, but I have no knowhow on
the actual codingof the site itself...

Amichai

On 5/2/07, Arieh Skliarouk <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi,

I have similar idea, with focus on "open" (opposite of locked-in)
lifestyle in Israel. To concentrate on Linux is too narrow vision. The
site would have recommendations for services in Israel that don't try to
force users to a specific way of doing things:

   - Allow (or even encourage) usage of standards compliant browsers
   Various websites
   - React reasonably to the fact, that customer uses open technologies
   (Linux,BSD,OOo,etc).
   ISPs, cable/ADSL, etc
   - Use "open" platforms themselves
   - Avoid lock-in of customers into their technologies (Unlike some
   printer vendors suing 3rd party ink producers).

--
Arieh

--
 EE 77 7F 30 4A 64 2E C5  83 5F E7 49 A6 82 29 BA    ~. .~   Tk Open Systems
     - [EMAIL PROTECTED] - tel: +972.2.679.5364, http://www.tkos.co.il -