On 13/05/07, ik <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi,

The website as I see it is CP1255 and not iso-8859-8 !

I tested what You have tried to do, but I'm able to paste the Hebrew
the same as it looks on firefox 2.0.0.3. My OpenOffice is 2.2.0 under
KUbuntu 7.0.4

Ido

Turns out that the site itself is part cp-1255, and part iso-8859-8,
which all copy and paste fine. The emails they send are Visual Hebrew,
not Logical, so the text is BACKWARDS. There is some mechanism
ensuring that the text is flowed from left to right, so that it
appears correct. It's all tables too, because linebreaks would screw
it up.

So OOo is pasting correctly, it's just that 'correctly' is backwards.
I'll write to them and tell them how stupid they are.

Also, the registration of 999.co.il does not work for anything other
than Internet Explorer. There is some JavaScript in the signup form
that does not work with Konqueror/Firefox/Opera. I suggest that some
people call them (I did) to let them know. The more we complain, the
more chance that they will fix it.

Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com/what_is/html.html
http://technology-sleuth.com/short_answer/what_is_a_cellphone.html