On Tue, 2007-07-31 at 16:40 +1000, Amos Shapira wrote:
> On 31/07/07, Michael Vasiliev <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>         On Wednesday July 25 2007, Noam Rathaus wrote:
>
>         > Anyone with a GUI that does PPP or PPPOE?
>         I tied the "network button" of Gkrellm to pon/poff. Not a
>         pppoe-specific gui,
>         but exactly what I wanted.
>
> Which reminds me - I've seen high praise for GNOME Network-Manager
> (can be used under other desktop environments).
>
> I never used it but maybe it's an option.

I'm using NetworkManager for a long time, and it is not a desktop
specific tool - it has interfaces for both GNOME and KDE, and I think
for XFCE4 as well. Its a great tool for managing dynamic network
interfaces on desktop machines, and with the correct integration it can
also be used to setup VPNs and modem dialing, but I had no success using
it to control broadband dialers (DSL and cable).

--

Oded