On Wed, 2007-08-08 at 18:05 +0200, Moshe Leibovitch wrote:

> >> rather
> >> good
> >>>
> >> Either define mynetworks to include all local networks thus whitelist
> >> them or use access list by domain ( with or without wild card ).
> >
> > I'm assuming your talking about the mail server here ? I rather not mess
> > with the mail server - lets just assume I don't have control of it - but
> > in anyway its not local to the network with the private server on it, so
> > I don't want to white list anything.
>
> It's all about configuring the server. Am I missing something? If your
> main.cf is configured with the means, then all you need to change are
> the data files G.E access db, header checks db, etc.
> You can change aliases, can you? same thing.

Are you still talking about the company's domain mail server, or about
the private server? If its the former then its not much of an option -
the mail domain is hosted on a shared server and changing its
configuration is out of the question. I can add the [EMAIL PROTECTED]
alias - but I rather not do that as I explained above - and that's
probably the only type of changes that I can do to the mail server.

I'm looking for a possible solution on how to configure the private
server's local MTA so that it can send e-mail to the domain's mail
server (which will be unchanged) without the need to add the private
server's fully qualified host name to a public DNS (which may not always
be possible anyway, as I might want to use servers w/o a fully qualified
host name at all). I'm looking for a general solution that I can deploy
for this problem on multiple private servers that send mail to different
mail servers - most have a similar behavior of blocking emails with what
looks like obviously fake From addresses.

> I though you were talking about using reject_unknown_sender_domain
>    restriction, not just rbl's.

Yea, its probably that, not that I remember.

--

Oded