On Sat, 2007-08-25 at 18:24 +0300, ik wrote:
> I have a server that I'm writing that bind a port to 0.0.0.0, now when
> I disconnect, and quit the server and then re-run the server,
> sometimes (not all of the time) the binding is failing as the port is
> still binded, however netstat -lnp does not show any indication for
> such binding to still be existed, and it takes few seconds until I'm
> able to restart the server without any issues.

I'm not sure, but I think this has something to do with the CLOSE_WAIT
status. If this is indeed the problem, then netstat -a (not -l) would
show your socket in a CLOSE_WAIT status. The problem occurs when one
side (probably the client) didn't close the socket correctly after it
was closed from the other side. There supposedly should be a setting for
changing the CLOSE_WAIT timeout, but I can't find it.

--
Oded