On 02/09/07, Dov Grobgeld <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> How do you define "Hebrew support"? Perhaps we should prepare a checklist
> and examine the status. Here is a partial list:
>
> 1. Support for reading Hebrew. This is probably taken care of because of
> Gtk's unicode support.

This is a level one must. It will need fonts, too, not just unicode support.

> 2. Localization of interface. List of applications?

Less important.

> 3. Hebrew keyboard input.

Any type of Hebrew input is fine for the first version. An onscreen
keyboard, for instance.

> 4. Hebrew "graffitti" input.

Less important.

I need my contacts, calendar, and SMS messages to be in Hebrew. That
goes for reading and writing. The device interface is less important.
I'm willing to beta test, of course, but I'm not programmer. I can
host files at http://dotancohen.com as well. Better yet, I have no
problem developing and maintaining a Hebrew OpenMoko website that
deals with issues specific to Israel and Hebrew and Arabic language
support.

Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com
http://gibberish.co.il