On Tue, 2007-12-04 at 09:19 +0200, Dan Kenigsberg wrote:
> Dear List,
>
> For reasons best kept private, I upgraded by Fedora 7 box to Fedora 8 (via yum
> update). After the dependency hassle was solved, I'm left with an extremely
> slow-responsive GUI. Using ssh seems fine, but in xterm it takes almost a
> second for a typed key to show up.
>
> The odd thing, is that when I reboot with an old F-7 kernel this problem
> disappears (but another one, regarding ypbind/autofs emerges, never mind
> that).
>
> Any idea why it happens and how it is solved?

A. what's the output of:
$ rpm -qa --queryformat "%{name}-%{version}-%{release}.%{arch}\n" | grep
fc7
B. What's your hardware/Xorg configuration? Are you using compiz &
friends?
C. Are you using gnome or KDE? If you create a new user and login into
the new account - are you hitting the same problem?

- Gilboa