On Dec 3, 2007 8:25 PM, Oron Peled <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Sunday, 2 בDecember 2007, sara fink wrote:
> > d-source installs ubuntu. They will help to connect to internet as well.
> > http://www.d-source.co.il/
>
> Can you back it up? I followed your link with the following results:
>
>  - Didn't see Linux or Ubuntu mentioned anywere.
>
>  - Using their search with Linux or Ubuntu returns nothing.
>
>  - Just to test that search actually functions, I tried "windows" and
>    "vista"... yes they do work (not the OS, the search ;-)
>
>  - Otherwise, their website barely works (e.g: the Javascript links on
>    the sidebar to the various categories, do not work) --
>    Tested on both Firefox-2.0.0.10 and Konqi-3.5.8 from Fedora-7
>
> So?

So... This thing got me curies and I went to verify some information.

http://d-source.co.il are resellers of http://affordy.com which
delivery hardware + software for the home marked based on Ubuntu.

1. They will support you in your first steps of connecting to the
Internet by working with the ISP.
2. They sell Monthly (100NIS) / Yearly (600NIS) technical support. A
home visit will cost you 250 NIS. Their support covers PC not booting,
no X and other "user land" stuff.

From the business point of view, they've sold ~100 PCs in Israel and
are expending abroad. Their offer includes Ubuntu core + 3rd party
software (mostly binary freeware such as Skype, games and toys). It's
seems like a small PC shop (6 employees with hardware backing from
d-source).

On the community side, they have plans on donating hardware for
ubuntu.org.il, I'll believe it when I see it happening.

All in all, this seems like win-win situation for us all.

Maxim.

> --
> Oron Peled                             Voice/Fax: +972-4-8228492
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]                  http://www.actcom.co.il/~oron
> ICQ UIN: 16527398
>
> "Without the wind, the grass does not move.
>  Without software, hardware is useless."
>                         -- Tao of Programming

Cheers,
Maxim Veksler