Going a bit off the deep end, here's another suggestion:

There are other software update managers besides yum in the world, and
at this point I want to talk about URPMI - the Mandrive update manager.
URPMI can be installed on other operating systems then Mandrive and I've
had success using it on CentOS 4 and some Fedora Core (can't remember).
URPMI had a few interesting features that do not exist (or are hard to
duplicate) in the competitors, one which is relevant to this discussion
is the remote update capability:
With URPMI installed on all the target machines, you need to only
configure installation sources on one machine and push updates remotely
from this machine to all the others. One way that I've used it is to
have a local machine in the office that is easy to access and has the
correct repositories configured, and whenever you need to push updates
(lets say - with a cron job) you use it to sync the other machines. If
you ever want to change your software repositories configuration - you
only change it in one location.

The main downside for this is that you can only use repositories that
support the URPMI metadata format. It is easy to set up a repository
that supports both YUM and URPMI, but in Tom's case if he's going to set
up a local CentOS repository then that is going to be a solution of its
own without the URPMI setup.

On Tue, 2008-01-29 at 08:26 +0200, Lior Okman wrote:
> My suggestion is to install a caching http proxy (e.g. squid) somewhere
> on your network, and make yum go through it. As long as you all of your
> CentOS hosts use the same mirror (and not a different mirror each time),
> the caching http proxy will return files from its cache.
>

> IIRC, you need to change the yum.conf file to include the proxy
> configuration option, and modify the repositories definition (in
> /etc/yum.repos.d/)  so that the repositories use the baseurl setting,
> instead of the mirrorlist setting.
>

> Lior
>

> Tom Rosenfeld wrote:
>
> > Hi Guys,
> > I assume there is a simple answer to this.
> > How do I get all of my linux workstation (all running the same version
> > of CentOS 4) to use the same yum cache?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > -tom
> > 054-244-8025