On 07/03/2008, Boaz Rymland <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Adding that what already suggested, you can fire up a qt configuration
>  utility (GUI). In Gentoo at least, its called qtconfig (and it appears
>  that its part of the QT libraries I have on the machine. Under tab
>  "interface" you can find a check box named "enhanced support for
>  languages written in right-to-left". Check it, log out of X, login back,
>  and check again... .

‎Thanks. For archive diggers, in Ubuntu there is qt3-qtconfig and
qt4-qtconfig. I installed qt3-qtconfig, which is run with the command
qtconfig, and I could set the settings. In fact, the "enhanced support
for languages written in right-to-left" checkbox was already checked,
I assume because I added the config line earlier today. However, even
with a restart I cannot switch text alignment in KDE applications.

Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com
http://gibberish.co.il

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.