2008/6/2 michael shiloh <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> Shachar has had a long conversation on the Openmoko mailing list regarding
> the
> state (and difficulty) of support for bidirectional languages.

Hebrew is not the only RTL language, nor is it the most common. If
Openmoko intends to be open in the sense that it is available to
everyone, then I would expect that support for LTR, RTL, TTB, and
other methods of writing should be a core part of the UI, not tacked
on later. I should probably bring this up on the Openmoko list, but I
am not subscribed and there are those who can better argue the point
than me.

Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com
http://gibberish.co.il