On 05/07/13 16:16, Dotan Cohen wrote:
> Hi all. I need to set up a virtual alias (forwarder) and a virtual
> mailbox on the same domain. I'm using Postfix on Ubuntu Server 12.04.
> Here is my setup:
It has been ages since I've set up a system with postfix, so my memory
is rather sketchy. Here, however, is my setup:
main.cf (relevant parts of it):

virtual_mailbox_base = /var/spool/vmail
virtual_mailbox_domains = ldap:/etc/postfix/ldap-domains.cf
virtual_transport = virtual
virtual_mailbox_maps = ldap:/etc/postfix/ldap-accounts.cf
virtual_alias_maps = ldap:/etc/postfix/ldap-aliases.cf

I'm using LDAP rather than plain files, but should not matter much for
our discussion. I see two things obviously different. One is that you
did not mention "virtual_transport"  -shouldn't matter - default is same
as my setting.

The other is that you did not have a virtual_alias_maps. This is weird,
as the maps are the one you claim actually work. This is probably a
copy/paste problem.

As for your error message. I'd remove BOTH lines. The default for both
are to use the hash files.

Let me know if this helped....

Shachar