Hi all,

At home, I have a highly sophisticated media server (i.e. - a bash
script that schedules, using "at", a "cat /dev/video0 > video.mpg", and
schedules another "killall cat"). We usually just order the Yes
transcoder to jump to the proper programme at the right time, and
coincidentally tell the computer to record at the same time.

Don't mock it, it works for us.

Since the media computer's keyboard is a tiny wireless thing, and since
we like the TV to show the live broadcast while we set up the recording
anyway (so we can see what time programmes start and end), we usually
use a laptop and SSH to actually set the recording.

*queue sad music*
About half a year ago we moved to a bigger, better, apartment. Due to a
recent drive for (slightly more) organized living room, all household
computers' permanent residence is in different rooms (some of them on
different floors - it's a really really big apartment). Whereas
previously the routine consisted of:

 1. Pick up nearest laptop
 2. Click the "TV computer" icon
 3. Order programmes

It now consists of:

 1. Go to other room
 2. Disconnect laptop from "docking station" (one HDMI and three USB cables)
 3. Wait for display to switch to laptop screen
 4. Bring laptop to living room
 5. Perform step 2 from previous checklist
 6. Perform step 3 from previous checklist
 7. Return laptop to room
 8. Do the reverse of steps 3 and 2 from above

That greatly compromises our otherwise very positive media computer
experience. So I got the bright idea of using one of the many Android
devices we have around to do the same task, reverting to the simple 3
points list.

There is one problem, though. I get no tab completion.

      TL;DR so far:

Tab completion over ssh from Android does not work.

I have tried different keyboards, to no avail. I did try the "hacker
keyboard", and it is great in that it has ctrl and arrow movement. Tab,
however, still does not work.

Tab completion does work for a local shell. Just not one started over ssh.

The remote shell does get the tab character. If I run "hd", I can see
"09" in the input stream.

Tab completion does work when the ssh is from a "real" computer.

At this point, I'm at a loss as to what to check. I am not aware that
tab has anything to do with stty. Does anyone understands the way the
shell decides to provide auto-completion, and therefor the reason why it
doesn't?

Thanks,
Shachar