I recently upgraded my wife's computer from Mandriva 2010 to Mageia 3
(KDE 4.10,5). Since then she has a problem saving LibreOffice (4.0.5.2)
files to the network.

In the past, saving was "transparent" and it didn't matter if she
saved to a local partition or to a Samba share.

But now, after saving a file to the network, if she closes LibreOffice
she gets a pop-up from KIOExec telling her a file has been changed and
asking if she wants to upload the change.

But if she doesn't close LibreOffice (for example if she's working on
two or more files and wants to keep editing the second file) the changes
she made and saved to the first file are lost.

The obvious work-around is to work on one file only and to close
LibreOffice after each save, but that's certainly an annoyance.

I should mention 2 things:
1 - this only happens when saving to the network - not to a local
partition.
2 - Other programs (for example kwrite) save normally.

--
Shlomo Solomon
http://the-solomons.net