On 29/01/15 15:37, Ori Idan wrote:

>     Didn't you just describe a Turing machine?
>
> Turing machine is finite and has certain number of states with defined
> transitions. I think what Omer meant here was more of a dynamic Turing
> machine.

Since a Turing machine has an infinite amount of memory, and since that
memory can be used in order to decide on which transitions to perform, I
disagree with your statement that there is a difference.

After all, each new state that Omer's "FSM" (I'm not sure how you can
call it a Finite state machine, when you do not bound the number of
states it has, hence the quotes) must be describable given a combination
of the initial states and the input. This is, precisely, how a Turing
machine works.

Shachar