Hi,

In the last few days I was trying to figure how many ("home run" , "small
businesses" or academic ) domains had setup MTA-STS .

Out of 20 domains on this and other mailing lists; only two had MTA-STS. I
have seen that gmail, outlook and gmx have it, but they
are not small nor home run.

As for domains that use  providers with MTA-STS,  I may be wrong, but It does
not seem
that the domains
that use such providers had setup delegation. ( https://tools.ietf.org/html/
rfc8461#section-8.2 ) .

Why is it so rarely used ?

Why customers of providers that provide MTA-STS do not setup it for their own
domain ?

Test for domain.seclvl.cctld  done by :

1.Check if there for txt record for _mta-sts.domain.seclvl.cctld
dig +short -t txt _mta-sts.domain.seclvl.cctld

positive result :
"v=STSv1; id=20190101T020202;"

negative result:
no result.