Around 2002 when I first got a cable modem, I set up a pentium 133 running
linux as a mail server, dns server, dhcp server, etc for my local network.
I attached a modem to it and set up a hylafax server.

I just looked at the current system that runs the same things, and I dont think
I have a modem connected to it, and if there is one hidden in the back, I know
for sure it does not have a phone line connected to it, but it still runs
hylafax. :-)

Geoff

--
Geoffrey S. Mendelson, N3OWJ/4X1GM/KBUH7245/KBUW5379 Jerusalem, Israel