Morning people of the Linux !

Recently I came to a question I do not know the answer to although I am with Linux for >20 years,

I am talking about the CPU architecture features likes SIMD, SSE, AES, ...  and related gcc CPU architecture switches
-maes, -msse3, -msse4 -mrdrand are examples of such gcc switches.

I know that OPENSSL queries  CPU features in run-time and then selects precompiled functions that takes advantage of a specific feature.

I think the kernel does the same

So I begin to think that such compiler switches are good only to C functions which are written in a very specific way to allow gcc to recognize graphic or crypto processing patterns and generate the assembly in order to utilize those assem;y extensions.
Otherwise those switches does nothing good.

Please enlighten me on the issue.

Be Healthy,
Lev