On 11/01/2022 11:26, Erez D wrote:

<snip>

Alas, No. I know it is sacrilege but I use a hot cable modem/router.
I do not have hardware that can support 500Mb to be used as a linux firewall ...

Being an Oleh Hadash who just wanted to hit the easy button six months ago, I also have the Hot modem/router. It lease a bit to be desired, e.g. I could figure out how to properly get it to use my PiHole as the DNS server on my home network (could never find the option in the software), and I also couldn't get it to just run as a modem and let me use my old German DSL modem/router (a FritzBox and another easy button moment) as the home network router (because I could at least configure that to my heart's content).

So, are there suggestions/recommendations for how to reconfigure things, especially as pertains to hardware running OpenWRT or another free/libre alternative?

<snip>

Thanks all,
Fuller

Mark E. Fuller, Ph.D.
HaShikma 19, Apt. 24
Nesher 3681219, Israel
+972 (0)53-872-6579
+49 (0)1577 1848188
+1 401-214-4266
mark.e.ful...@gmail.com
mark.e.ful...@gmx.de
ful...@stossrohr.net
@fuller:one.ems.host
https://www.stossrohr.net
PGP Fingerprint: 73F1 A30C BDF4 DB4B C75F FD0F D599 E76C FFCA BF60