Can anyone on-list answer two related ZFS questions?

1) block checksum data in 'sent' snapshots

   One of the attractive features of ZFS is that it offers a form of
   "error correction". My understanding is that what ZFS does actually
   is checksum its blocks and upon noticing that one has gone bad,
   checks for a copy *somewhere*, where *somewhere* is documented as a
   RAID mirror.

   I'm considering using ZFS for SSD elements of a home network, for
   which I don't see justification for setting up an NFS or RAID mirror
   array. Is there an alternative technique to benefit from ZFS error
   correction?

   The idea that occurs to me is to perform periodic backups using ZFS
   send and then to immediately copy the 'sent' snapshots to different
   media. My thought here is that if the 'sent' data includes the block
   checksums, then should I ever need to perform a restore and be
   confronted by a bad block, I could mount the copy as a mirror and
   have ZFS perform the correction.

   Is such the case? Is this possible? Is there a 'better' technique?

2) native encryption of 'sent' snapshots

   For a ZFS pool with native encryption, are its 'sent' data also
   natively encrypted? If not, are there any known problems or issues
   related to piping 'sent' data through gpg or other encryptor?

--
hkp://keys.gnupg.net
CA45 09B5 5351 7C11 A9D1  7286 0036 9E45 1595 8BC0