Yehuda Deutsch - if you mean whois, I also get a normal response:
   Domain Name: LXER.COM
   Registry Domain ID: 109446700_DOMAIN_COM-VRSN
   Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.enom.com
   Registrar URL: http://www.enomdomains.com
   Updated Date: 2022-01-06T10:42:51Z
   Creation Date: 2004-01-06T22:15:59Z
   Registry Expiry Date: 2023-01-06T22:15:59Z
   Registrar: eNom, LLC

But the site is not there. As Geoff Shang wrote, the site looks
like a landing site of some kind.

On www.zoominfo.com I found the following info:

 LXer is an independent news and opinion site started in 2004 by Dave
 Whitinger, a well-known personality in the free and open-source
 software community. The edi... Read More Headquarters

Headquarters:
701 S Ridge Ave, Troy, Ohio, 45374, United States
Phone

Phone:
(937) 332-3000
Website

Website:
www.lxer.com
Employees

Employees:
29
Revenue

Revenue:
$5 Million

But, although there are also mentions of an editor and a publisher, I
could not find any contact information.

I did find that Dave Whitinger - the founder - is also involved with
the National Gardening Association. I tried to contact him on that
site. We'll see if I get an answer.

On Fri, 18 Feb 2022 12:09:16 -0500
Yehuda Deutsch <y...@uda.co.il> wrote:

> That's weird, I am getting the website as I'd expect and the domain
> does not seem to be in a deletion / redemption period
> It was actually last updated a month ago and is good for another year
>
> Yehuda
> ------------------------------
> *Yehuda Deutsch | IT Developer*
>

> On Fri, Feb 18, 2022 at 12:05 PM Geoff Shang <ge...@quitelikely.com>
> wrote:
>
> > On Fri, 18 Feb 2022, Shlomo Solomon wrote:
> >
> > > lxer.com is (was) a great site with links to recent articles about
> > > Linux.
> > >
> > > In the past 2 days, all I see is a page with menu items such as
> > > Linux News, Linux programming, etc.
> > >
> > > But clicking on any menu item just gives me a page with some
> > > advertisements.
> >
> > Looks like one of those landing pages when a domain is for sale.
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Geoff.

Shlomo Solomon
http://the-solomons.net
Claws Mail 3.17.5 - KDE Plasma 5.18.5 - Kubuntu 20.04