I have at last upgraded my desktop Debian Linux installation from
Debian Buster to Debian Bullseye.

However, I found that some packages have frightening bugs reported
against them, which do not seem to have been fixed for long time.

Does anyone know if I really need to be afraid of those bugs?

The packages in question are:

grub-pc - #1019564: (during upgrade) grub-install: warning: Attempting
to install GRUB to a disk with multiple partition labels.  This is not
supported yet

fwupd-amd64-signed - #973715: fwupd-amd64-signed: Uninstallable; not
binNMU-friendly

Those packages (and some other packages) are currently pinned at a
Buster version and whenever I start aptitude to install security
upgrades, I have to manually cancel removals of the above packages and
some packages upon which they depend.

Thanks,
--- Omer Zak

--
"Prior to capitalism, the way people amassed great wealth was by
looting, plundering and enslaving their fellow man. Capitalism made it

They do not represent the official policy of any organization with
which I may be affiliated in any way.
WARNING TO SPAMMERS:  at https://www.zak.co.il/spamwarning.html