On 02/03/2023 17:35, Aharon Schkolnik wrote:

I would think that on a efi system, the file in /etc should be linked to the file in /boot/efi

Sound like a bug?

No.

Think of /boot/efi as the "boot block". It needn't do anything beyond load the actual code into memory. /boot is where grub looks for its stuff.

In other words, /boot/efi is for the BIOS while /boot is for GRUB itself. As such, it makes perfect sense that /boot is where grub's configuration should reside.

Any idea how I ended up with bot /boot and /boot/efi

The directories? That's working as intended. A grub.conf in both? No idea.