HTTP Live Streaming, or HLS, is a technology that allows you to create a
platform to stream audio and video content over the internet in real-time.
Top streaming companies like Apple, Facebook, and Netflix use it to deliver
content to millions of people worldwide. You cannot easily download their
content if you don't have an internal HLS playlist given to the client.
Also keep in mind that streams may be encoded.