On Fri, Jan 14, 2000 at 12:32:02AM +0100, Daniel González Gasull wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I have an unimportant question: Is it a good
> netiquette to send PGP/MIME clearsigned messages to this
> list?  Is it a good netiquette to send PGP/MIME
> clearsigned messages to any list?

 Sure, why not?  But the other question is why? I don't think
that on linux-newbie, there is going to be much fear of someone
else claiming to be you, but if they do so what? Maybe if they are
insulting, you'll post an apology message, but other than that, They'll
ask a question or give an answer. I don't think it really matters who's
who that much.

 The only way I'll find it real obnoxious is if you post signed messages,
without making your key publically available. Also you want to think about
how many people on the list are going to be able to verify that your key
is YOUR key. I doubt that a large portian of this lists readers have pgp
installed to even be able to verify your signature.I'm probably not going
to call you to verify your fingerprint, and that basically means that I
don't know that you are you.

 I keep a pgp and a gpg key around, but really only use them for exchanges
of password information and host keys, with people that I've met in person
and checked fingerprints with. I just don't see it being worth it on a list.

That's my two cents.

Sumarry:
It's probably fine netiquit,  but why bother?

greg
--
this is not here