On 10/04/14 11:49, Sergei Shtylyov wrote:
On 10-04-2014 13:20, David Laight wrote:

     It doesn't do any pin muxing. It switches SoC internal USB
signals between
USB controllers. The pins remain the same.

Doesn't something like that already happen for the companion USB1
controllers for USB2 ports?

    Did you mean USB 1.1 and USB 2.0 controllers by USB1 and USB2?

That also doesn't sound like you are changing the PHY.

    I am changing one of the PHY registers that controls USB port
(Renesas calls it channel) multiplexing.

I'd have thought that would happen if you had a single controller
that select between multiply PHY.

    No, it's not the case.

There is an interesting case, the USB3 shares a PHY with a SATA
and the PCIE and SATA also share a PHY on the R8A7790.

--
Ben Dooks                               http://www.codethink.co.uk/
Senior Engineer                         Codethink - Providing Genius