On Tue, Sep 15, 2015 at 03:04:58PM -0400, Alan Stern wrote:
> On Tue, 15 Sep 2015, Felipe Balbi wrote:
>
> > Instead of allowing a range of 2 to 4 requests,
> > let's allow the user choose up to 32 requests
> > as that will give us a better chance of keeping
> > controller busy.
> >
> > We still maintain default of 2 so users shouldn't
> > be affected.
>
> Was this change inspired by testing?  What were the test results?

yeah, this one yeah. With the changes to dwc3 above, I have a much
better chance of keeping the controller's queue busy with a deeper
usb_request queue length. That means that we will be avoid XferComplete
and a subsequent XferNotReady which translates directly to less NAK/NYET
handshakes in the bus. Also less POLLs.

I can send you sniffer traces if you want, but you'd have to make an
account with Total phase to download the Data Center SW to be able to
read it.

--
balbi