On Thu, Aug 20, 2009 at 08:44:13PM -0400, Frédéric Brière wrote:
> foolproof?  (I'm trying to think of a sitation where this would result
> in us pulling the rug from under sendmail-base's feet.  What about when
> installing s-b *and* upgrading l-d in one swoop?  Would that fool dpkg?)

Nah, that could easily be avoided by making sure that the (unmodified)
conffile doesn't belong to any package when postinst is called.  The
basic idea is to avoid this sequence:

  - Unpacking logcheck-database
  - Unpacking sendmail-base
  - Configuring logcheck-database

At that point, we don't want to remove the file, since it now belongs to
sendmail-base.

Or, we could just have sendmail-base replace logcheck-database and call
it a day.  :)

--
Sex dumps core
(Sex is a Simple editor for X11)