Well,

I'm going add new server on my office tomorrow. Old one is 32-bit Ubuntu
6.06, new one is 64-bit Edubuntu 7.10. And machine itself is quite
upgraded - from P4/1G to Duo Core Xeon/4G.

And I hope that it can lives happy with Windows dhcp-server like my old
server did:

http://www.arkki.info/howto/Wiki/LTSP-Kokkola/dhcpd.conf.txt

I try to explain what I just did.

A. Linksys with DD-WRT (v23 SP2)

B. Ubuntu 7.10 x86_32 + 1 NIC + LTSP

C. Edubuntu 7.10 x86_64 + 2 NIC (new server for office)

D. TC (Fujitsu-Siemens Scenic (P4/256/i845G))

1. If I got all three dhcpd-servers (A,B and C) running, I got situation
where
TC (D) tells me that "rootserver: 192.168.1.1" and that is why "Mounting
/rofs failed".

2. If I disable only DD-WRT's DHCP-server (B and C running) and wait
little time and then try to boot,
then TC (D) boots and lives happy with server C.

3. If I disable DD-WRT's and C's dhcp-servers,
then TC boots and lives happy with server B.

I hope that tomorrow situation is like second one - Windows dhcp-server
act like server B and do not confuse thin clients.

Best Regards Asmo Koskinen.