Hi Bob,

there are certainly people out there with 256K RAM machines,
"
OP>anyone here? ;d
Me> hoyas
Me> << catching up with emails. Can I help ?
OP> nah, I just want to tell how happy I am that someone is doing a ubuntu
for old computers
Me> thanks for popping on and saying so. The small team has really pulled
something out of the hat with Lubuntu
OP> keep on great work
OP> I have tested so many linux distros to work on my old notebook with only
160MB of rma"

I know from people giving me feed-back on the minimal installation
instructions that more people than you may think are totally reliant on
lubuntu to let them have an up to date system. In fact, they'd *love* to
have 256K RAM ;-)

I do know what you mean about some people thinking we are 'under selling'
lubuntu, a lot of that may be quite deliberate to keep the maddening hoards
from over whelming the small team while they get the various niggles sorted
;-) The general word on lubuntu is good, and it will get better. Slimline,
mean and keen - long may it remain that way. Let loonies like me put on LAMP
server's and GIMP on to it, they certainly are not required for the vast
majority of users.

Regards,

Phill.

 I don't think there are many people out there with 256K