Daniel Naber writes:
> On Wednesday 04 August 2004 13:19, Terry Steichen wrote:
>
> > I can't get negative boosts to work with QueryParser.  Is it possible to do
> > so?
>
> Isn't that the same as using a boost < 1, e.g. 0.1? That should be possible.

no.
a^-1 OR b
A boost of -1 means that the score gets smaller if a document contains a
with that boost appears. So it's somehow similar to NOT a, though less strict.
A boost of 0.1 means that the score is increased less for an occurance of a.

Usually one just want's the latter, but it's not the same.