I dare you to enable the NEW_INSETS define at the top of
src/lyxparagraph.h. This will enable the use of the new insets when
reading .lyx files, and comment out all code that will be
superfluous(??argh) when we switch to these new insets.

NEW_INSETS todo:
        - make the menu commands/lyxfuncs do the right thing for
          things like footnote-insert, tablefloat-insert and the like.
          (patches welcome, but remember to use the NEW_INSETS define so
          that the code will work both with and without it.)

NEW_INSETS problems:
        - some depths (\begin_deeper, \end_deeper) are not read
          correctly and result in weird documents.
        - a bit slow so far, but this will change when we can review
          the code and do some rewrites because of simplified code.
        - seems like there is some file writing problem too, can very
          well be releated to the depth problem.

So, please invest the time to compile and try to fix problems as you
see them (plain bug reports are not going to help a lot).

There are currently 453 "#ifndef NEW_INSETS" in the code and most of
these removes code, and _never_ complicates it. When we decide that
NEW_INSETS are working as it should we will switch to use that and
delete all the now unused code.

Are you yellow? Chicken! Just try it.
(just give me time to commit it first...)

        Lgb