Hello,

I'd like to release 1.1.5fix2 on Monday. There have been many fixes
accumulated, some of which concern important bugs. In particular, many
bugs were squashed after my previous status update (thanks Baruch and
Dekel!).

Therefore, as usual, I'd be glad if some of you could take the time to
check it out (or fix a bug or two if you are feeling adventurous). Let
me recall that all these fixes have been checked in the branch
lyx-1_1_5, which you can get with the command
 cvs checkout -d lyx-1_1_5 -r lyx-1_1_5 lyx-devel

In particular, I'd like to make sure that it compiles on RedHat Linux
7.0.

JMarc

What's new
==========

** Bugfixes

- fix problem where format version of a .lyx file was written as 2,16
  instead of 2.16 and could not be read back correctly.

- check when writing lyx files failed due to some stream error (in
  particular not enough disk space

- fix display problems with math macros.

- fix error box positionning with math macros.

- add missing \protect around fragile math decorations.

- allow entering @ in math insets.

- improve parsing of some LaTeX errors.

- fix parsing of LaTeX errors for literate programming documents.

- fix crash when copying bibliography insets.

- fix crash with the character layout popup with some locales.

- fix bug with RTL table floats.

- fix parsing of \set_color arguments in lyxrc.

- speed-up redrawing when doing backspace on the last line of a
  paragraph.

- clear the minibuffer when clicking on it.

- remove temporary directories when using lyx --export.

- remove description of pdf support on lyxrc.example, since this does
  not work in this version.

- hopefully fix compilation problems on Redhat 7.0 and Irix 6.5.

** Updates

- fix czech keymap.

- update sciword.bind.

- update hollywood, amsart, amsbook and revtex4 classes; new class siamltex.

- the language "francais" has been removed from the list; one should use
  "french" instead (or the GUTenberg version)

- Other: documentation update, UI translation updates (translators,
  please send me updated po files for 1.1.5fix1!).

Remaining problems
==================

These are bugs which are probably small, and mostly appeared recently.
Good clients for a fix release. Note that they exist in 1.1.6 too, so
we'll have to fix them eventually. Please send me references to the
ones I forgot.

- clipboard-related crashes
  http://www.mail-archive.com/lyx-devel@lists.lyx.org/msg13754.html
  http://www.mail-archive.com/lyx-devel@lists.lyx.org/msg13712.html
  http://www.mail-archive.com/lyx-devel@lists.lyx.org/msg13338.html

- crash when changing layout
  http://www.mail-archive.com/lyx-devel@lists.lyx.org/msg13171.html

- sometimes workAreaButtonRelease is called with button == 0 (this has
  already been discussed, but not fixed as far as I know)
  http://www.mail-archive.com/lyx-devel@lists.lyx.org/msg12987.html

- When the cursor is between two spaces, then the Shift-Cursor
  selection keys will lead to a mangled selection (on screen)
  http://www.mail-archive.com/lyx-devel@lists.lyx.org/msg12431.html