> Author: uwestoehr
> Date: Sat May 14 23:35:36 2011
> New Revision: 38758
>
> Log:
> backport CMake efforts to branch to be able to compile LyX 2.0.x the same way
> as trunk

Hi Uwe,

I've got some questions about this commit.

In general:

Wouldn't it be a good idea to:
- first discuss this with Richard and the CMake people,
- wait until the work in trunk has finished,
- wait until it is confirmed that everything works fine for all platforms,
- let the CMake people do the backport themselves if wanted ?

More specific:

You have now duplicated all CMake files in branch. There is a file
src/CMakeLists.txt
as well as a file development/cmake/src/CMakeLists.txt. Why did you duplicate
them ?
Are you planning to keep them both in sync for the rest of the 2.0.x cycle ?

I understand you like it that branch compiles the same as trunk, but consider
the
people only using branch. Suddenly the way to compile LyX differs
(significantly)
between versions 2.0.0 and 2.0.1 (which usually is only a quick major bug fix
release).

Please reconsider your motivations to commit such kind of changes.

Kind regards,

Vincent