Rainer M Krug wrote:
> On 23/03/12 09:22, Pavel Sanda wrote:
> > Bert Lloyd wrote:
> >> Hi LyXers,
> >>
> >> I am finding the Branches function to be incredibly useful for adding
> >> notes and questions to
> >> shared documents. I would like to know if there is a way to have specific
> >> formats applied to
> >> certain branches when exporting to PDF. In particular, I would like to
> >> have the text
> >> highlighted, but it would also be useful if the text appeared in a special
> >> color, emphasized,
> >> boldface, etc.
> >
> > This is not currently possible. I would need something similar, but its not
> > clear to me what is
> > the right way. It would be possible, for example, to define specific TeX
> > snippet for a given
> > branch, which is put just before and after each branch inset.
>
> Possibly the easiest, and you should be able to wrap in in your own defined
> inset?

Other idea would be to associate custom insets with branch, output the branch
as if the branch contents was inside the custom inset.
Well... it might be much simpler to simply add on/off flag to custom inset.

> > Other ideas?
>
> Aren't there conditional statements (like if(expression, IfTrueDoThis,
> IfFalseDoThis) in LaTeX?
> Then you could use these in your own insets, and just enable it from a
> statement in the preamble?
>
> You could even put the enabling in a branch inset, so when the branch is
> enabled, the LaTeX block
> is added.

I don't see why to use branches if you would liketo start using LaTeX condition
constructs.
Pavel