Hi,

  Could you please advise on the following features before I make bug
reports for them, and check whether they are already doable please?

  I will sponsor $50 towards any of the features that I listed,
possibly $100 for the more involved features.

1. Have the file->import filters work for snippets - so that we can
run the filters on clipboard data.  E.g. imagine being able to copy
from a webpage as html or a table from Excel and paste straight into
lyx.
2. When pasting into a table, automatically add new rows and columns
as needed.  Currently you have to make sure that you create the table
with exactly the right number of rows and columns.
3. Have a GUI way to set the padding between rows and columns in a
table.  I often have two rows like: "2.3%" "(+/- 3)"   and want to
have 0 padding between those columns.
4. Have a way to collapse longtables in the same way that you can
collapse floats, just to hide them from the GUI.
5. Improve the "preview" for citations in the format Author (year).
Currently the preview doesn't match what you'll actually get at all.
6. Add a GUI way to change the natnib citation style from square
brackets to round brackets.  ( this seems to be a bug - see:
http://www.mail-archive.com/lyx-devel@lists.lyx.org/msg154523.html ).
Even better would be to add a GUI for all 6 of the \bibpunct
parameters.
7. Auto-reload when the bibliography .bib file is updated.  Add
ability to add/edit citations from the Insert->Citation gui.  This
could be as simple as loading the bib file in the default external
editor etc.

And minor bugs, with a $10 sponsorship for:

1. Please fix this crash when pasting into tables:
http://www.lyx.org/trac/ticket/7956  I tested out the proposed
solution but it means I can no longer paste into a table with that
fix.
2. If you make a table, make it a long table, then cut and paste it
into a float, then the GUI still thinks it is a longtable even though
it can't be.
3.