Le 28/01/2013 09:00, Jürgen Spitzmüller a écrit :
Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:
I guess we need some
special support like we have for arabic. Are there some special
character composition rules we should know about?

Do we really have to reinvent the wheel given that Qt has all this
information? I understand it would be significant work to break down and
rebuild our painter on top of Qt, but I also understand it would solve many
(performance and rendering) problems.

The question is probably "who is going to do it"? We need someone with both knowledge and time.

What I had in mind is the helper functions isHebrewComposeChar or isArabicComposeChar in Encoding.cpp. Actually, I am not sure why these could not just be 'isComposeChar'. What does the language has to do with it? Is there a reason for testing the language as well as the code point?

I'd like input from the users of these languages.