Am Samstag, dem 09.03.2024 um 21:57 +0100 schrieb Paolo M:
> I have put the cursor inside the cell containing the math expression.
> I have noticed that putting the cursor in cells not containing the
> math expression, editing table properties is allowed.
> Is that a feature?

There are two possible behaviors you might refer to:

1. Entering table settings via main menu (Edit > Table Settings...) is
possible in LyX 2.3 but changes are not applied. This is a bug that
(seems to be) fixed in LyX 2.4.

2. The context menu doesn't show the respective items. This not a
feature but it is somewhat expected as long as the cursor is in the
math inset. You'll see the same with any other inset (e.g., note).
If you put it before or after the math inset (in that same cell) it
works. Procedure 1 does exactly that, BTW. It puts the cursor out of
the math inset before the dialog is opened (but in LyX 2.3, some update
is then missing).

--
Jürgen