On 3/15/24 10:59, Rich Shepard wrote:
On Fri, 15 Mar 2024, Rich Shepard wrote:

What's the difference causing this discrepancy? How do I write the second
line so it builds without complaint?

Looking at the mwe.lyx file in emacs I see that control character on line
137. It's not at line 118 which is the same position for the first line.

Why?

Rich
There's nothing inherent in the content causing this. I opened your mwe.lyx file in LyX and, after confirming the error, deleted the second ERT box and trailing comma, confirmed what was left compiled without error, then typed the ERT box and content (and trailing comma) back in. The document compiled without problem.

So the question is, how did you create the second part of the example file? Most likely something you did inadvertently inserted the problem character.

Paul