Le 18/04/2024 à 16:59, Richard Kimberly Heck a écrit :
On 4/17/24 16:57, Brian Kneller via lyx-users wrote:
Hi,

I hope I am in the correct space. — I have prepared a thesis for a PhD  (75K words)and approx 80 figures, the text in Mac-word and the figures are in Adobe Illustrator so I have some flexibility in Format. Also there are many references. I hold all my references and comments on them in Bookends. I regret not looking at lyx/latex and using them much earlier so I am looking for an easy way to migrate this info into Lyx and I am also looking for a Thesis  template. I have dowloaded and installed Lyx on my Macbook Pro (Mavericks) and been thro the intro etc. I am trying to minimise the effort in migration to Lyx so any comments and advice is most welcome.

It should not be difficult to convert the main bulk of the text. You can export LaTeX from LibreOffice or use Pandoc to convert Word to LaTeX, then import the LaTeX document into LyX.

I will add that this is true if your Word document uses styles for things like sections. Also, I am not sure what is going to happen if you have math equations.

JMarc