Dear LyX-user,

I would like to have a gnuplot xtemplate. To that end I wrote a shell
script gnuplot2pdftex.sh like this:

#!/bin/bash
GnuplotFile=$1
BaseName=`basename $GnuplotFile .gp`
GnuplotName=$BaseName.ptx
LyxName=$BaseName.pdf_tex
gnuplot -e "set term cairolatex pdf ; set output '${GnuplotName}' "
$GnuplotFile
mv $GnuplotName $LyxName

This script works on the command line, and I can input the resulting
file gnuplot.pdf_tex in LyX, and if I put it in a preview box I get a
preview, and the document compiles.

However, if I have similar scripts for pstex, png and eps in
~/.lyx/scripts and define converters like this:

\converter "gnuplot" "pdftex2" "$$s/scripts/gnuplot2pdftex.sh $$i $$o"
"needauth"

and have a file gnuplot.xtemplate written after the model of
inkscape.xtemplate in ~/.lyx/xtemplate, then preview fails and there is
no image in the compiled document.

Despite a defined converter for pdftex and pstex I get error messages
with lyx -dbg graphics related to convert:

Execution of "convert" failed.
Systemcall.cpp (306): Systemcall: 'python3 -tt "/usr/local/share/lyx-
2.4.0~RC4/scripts/convertDefault.py" gp
"/tmp/lyx_tmpdir.hmNUbfzyTaRY/lyx_tmpbuf0/2_home_tobias_gnuplot-
beispiel.gp" ps_tex
"/tmp/lyx_tmpdir.hmNUbfzyTaRY/lyx_tmpbuf0/2_home_tobias_gnuplot-
beispiel.ps_tex"' finished with exit code 1
Error: Die Datei kann nicht konvertiert werden
Keine Information vorhanden, um Dateien im gp-Format nach pstex2 zu
konvertieren.
Definieren Sie einen Konverter in den Einstellungen.
convert-im6.q16: no decode delegate for this image format `GP' @
error/constitute.c/ReadImage/587.
convert-im6.q16: no images defined
`ps_tex:/tmp/lyx_tmpdir.hmNUbfzyTaRY/lyx_tmpbuf0/2_home_tobias_gnuplot-
beispiel.ps_tex' @ error/convert.c/ConvertImageCommand/3229.
/usr/local/share/lyx-2.4.0~RC4/scripts/convertDefault.py ERROR
Execution of "convert" failed.

What is wrong or what is missing? Thanks for helpful hints in advance!

Tobias