Gesendet: Samstag, 13. April 2024 um 19:30 Uhr
Von: "Richard Kimberly Heck" <rikih...@gmail.com>
An: "Andreas Plihal" <a.pli...@gmx.at>, lyx-users@lists.lyx.org
Betreff: Re: Index is not displayed
On 4/13/24 12:31, Andreas Plihal via lyx-users wrote:
Dear Herbert,

I think you are responding to an email from me that is already out of date.

Meanwhile I sent another file WME_Index.lyx, which uses the text processor texindy. Jürgen recommended it to me. Unfortunately that didn't work either.

I can't find the xindex processor you mentioned in my selection list. Instead I find xindy. Did you perhaps mean that? It doesn't work with xindy either.

Even if, as you suggested, I use makeindex as the processor and enter the option "-s german.ist" (Jürgen commented that he cannot find german.ist on his computer), the index is not displayed.

I have sometimes had trouble with the index not displaying the first time I export a file. If I change something trivial (add a space at the end of a paragraph, say) and re-export, then it appears.

One way to try to debug this would be to export the file to LaTeX and run everything manually. Or just launch LyX from a terminal, and watch the output when you export. Either should give you more information.

Riki