> I am a newbie to Lyx and I am using the Manchester PhD template on the LyX
> website. Before LyX all my figures and text used Calibri font, it would be
> great if I could use this in my LyX rendering. I have been on the web and
> found several options however the solutions are dependant on several modules
> being present - what is required for Lyx please?

You don’t mention what platform you are on (MacOS? Windows? Linux?) so it makes
it difficult to answer your question precisely. If you are on Windows, then I
believe all you need to do in LyX (as Eberhard notes in his reply) is go into
Document → Settings → Fonts and select “Use non-TeX fonts (via XeTeX/LuaTeX)".
That should then make all of your Windows system fonts available to you, which
should include all of Microsoft's “Clear Type” fonts — Calibri, Cambria, etc.
The same procedure should work under MacOS as long as you have Microsoft Office
(or, at least, Word) installed. Under Linux, you can find detailed instructions
for snagging these fonts →HERE
<https://kodejava.org/how-do-i-install-calibri-font-in-ubuntu/>←. (As I
understand it, the script used in the Linux process extracts these fonts from a
free Microsoft application (PowerPoint Viewer 2007) and hence that it is legal
to install them for personal use.)

Chris Menzel

ps: I would agree with Eberhard in recommending a serif font for your text. :-)
I am using Cambria (and its associated math font) for a large document and I
must say it looks quite nice!